I admit it openly and honestly – I LOVE getting awards. I think that deep down we all crave recognition, acceptance and love. I have found this on Word Press. I have met WONDERFUL people who have loved and supported me for the past year. It is a very powerful thing to be recognised by a blogger I find not only incredibly inspirational, but funny and thought-provoking too.
Shaun from Praying for One Day awarded me the Wonderful Team Membership Readership Award,which of course I graciously accepted. Shaun is one of my favourite bloggers who has become a wonderful friend. The first post of mine that Shaun ever read was https://tersiaburger.com/2013/01/25/vic-has-left-home-for-the-last-time/ Sometime later Shaun wrote me an email or a comment, I am unsure which it was…He wrote that after he read my post he and his partner Dawn cuddled and sat in silence for a long time weeping for Vic. Shaun always leaves a comment, hug or word of encouragement. Shaun has been awarded this award 6 or 7 times and with good reason. He is a Wonderful Team Reader who truly deserves this award!
So here are the rules:
1. Display the logo on your page.
2. Finish the sentence: A great reader is…
A great reader is… someone who takes the time out of his/her busy life to read my ramblings of grief, leave a comment, hug, advice… A great reader is someone who reaches out from cyberspace and cries with me, laughs with me and cares for me. A great reader is my wonderful WordPress friends!
3. Nominate 14 readers I appreciate.
- Uma Girish at http://grammarofgrief.wordpress.com/ for her helpful blog on grief and surviving loss
- http://wordsfallfrommyeyes.wordpress.com/ is about a mother’s love for her son
- http://verbalbanter.wordpress.com a wonderful blog about life and it’s irritations and frustrations.
- http://drbillwooten.com/ is a blog filled with good music and wisdom. Bill you are a kind and gentle friend. Thank you
- http://everyonehasastory.me is a blog of hope and despair, healing and pain. Excellent read.
- http://throughthehealinglens.com is about a bloggers battle with debilitating, chronic pain.
- http://thedarkest13.wordpress.com/ is an intelligent blog filled with good values, friendships, pain and love.
- http://barefootbaroness.org is one of my favourite blogs. BB is a charming, gentle woman who has magical writing skills. She is an amazing friend. Thank you BB
- http://idealisticrebel.wordpress.com/ – Rebel is amazing and takes on the world! A brave blogger who is a great friend.
- http://jmgoyder.com/ – My precious friend Julie who has so much pain and loss to work through.
- http://picturesofsilverbyjanice.wordpress.com/category/sculptures-silver-art-jewelry/ Janice is the kindest person. She makes beautiful jewellery and my Christmas Gifts will come out of her innovative jewellery pieces. I am gifting the boys their Mommy’s fingerprint to wear around their necks – close to their hearts.
- http://valeriedavies.com/ A gutsy, wise lady who is a friend and an amazing writer.
- http://walkingthroughpain.com/ writes about “invisible illness” such as RA/Lupus/ Fibromyalgia. This is a brave blogger who knows and lives with chronic pain! Please support and encourage her on this lonely journey.
- Tracy Rydzy – http://ohwhatapain.wordpress.com is another brave warrior battling chronic pain.
4. Inform the readers with either comments or pingbacks.
These are just 14 of a long list of treasured blogger friends who are truly worthy of this award. There are many, many other bloggers whom I treasure and who inspires and supports me in my grief journey.
Thank you to each and every one of my blogger friends!!
12 thoughts on “Wonderful Team Member Readership Award”
If I could award you more , or in another way I would.
A big hug would be better. As I love to to bits. Your story has become Dawns and my Story. Dawn reads a lot of your blogs. I keep saying “Babe, start a blog” She might, I don’t know. She isn’t really into internet communication lol. She gets hit on a lot :-)
But, the truth of the matter is, the 1st blog I read from you had me and Dawn holding each other and we cried.
You know what else I want to say, I have said it to you before.
Just know we both love you here..
Thank you dearest friend!!! I love you too.
Tersia, you deserve every award in existence!! Truly, you do. This blog has made an indescribable impact on me and opened my eyes in a significant way. You are an incredible human being in my eyes.
Thank you so much Brave Katie!!
you deserve every award we have and then some. thanks for telling a bit about each of your nominations, it inspires me to stop in and see what you see. you are a wonderful friend and i am so happy for you.
Ditto my friend. I wish you knew how often I think of you with genuine love and concern. Strange we have never met and yet I care deeply for you
Congratulations Tersia – you are so very deserving and I am touched you have named me here. Blessings and Love to you always, Robyn
Dear Tersia, thanks ever so much. You bring such war feelings of friendship to me with every time we communicate and a smile to my heart. You have completely knocked me off my bare feet, I had heard through the ‘WordPress vine’ that you have been so generous. Again.
I wanted to come and thank you now, not wait till I am back full time.
Thank you for your kind words also in reference to my writing. I think you know how much it means to have what you say mean something to someone. If I am ale to give you even a fraction of what I take away from what you share on your blog – I will be grateful.
I will work on posting the acceptance soon and do so without any defaults this time. I am humbled by you as much ad I am awe.
Your award makes me proud that you call me friend Tersia. Thank you so very much.
Much love & always gentle hugs ~
The award is well deserved. You are an amazing friend and blogger! Thank you for your kind words. Can’t wait for you to be back!! Hope you are doing well? Lots of love T
Comments are closed.