I admit it openly and honestly – I LOVE getting awards. I think that deep down we all crave recognition, acceptance and love. I have found this on Word Press. I have met WONDERFUL people who have loved and supported me for the past year. It is a very powerful thing to be recognised by a blogger I find not only incredibly inspirational, but funny and thought-provoking too.
Shaun from Praying for One Day awarded me the Wonderful Team Membership Readership Award,which of course I graciously accepted. Shaun is one of my favourite bloggers who has become a wonderful friend. The first post of mine that Shaun ever read was https://tersiaburger.com/2013/01/25/vic-has-left-home-for-the-last-time/ Sometime later Shaun wrote me an email or a comment, I am unsure which it was…He wrote that after he read my post he and his partner Dawn cuddled and sat in silence for a long time weeping for Vic. Shaun always leaves a comment, hug or word of encouragement. Shaun has been awarded this award 6 or 7 times and with good reason. He is a Wonderful Team Reader who truly deserves this award!
So here are the rules:
1. Display the logo on your page.
2. Finish the sentence: A great reader is…
A great reader is… someone who takes the time out of his/her busy life to read my ramblings of grief, leave a comment, hug, advice… A great reader is someone who reaches out from cyberspace and cries with me, laughs with me and cares for me. A great reader is my wonderful WordPress friends!
3. Nominate 14 readers I appreciate.
- Uma Girish at http://grammarofgrief.wordpress.com/ for her helpful blog on grief and surviving loss
- http://wordsfallfrommyeyes.wordpress.com/ is about a mother’s love for her son
- http://verbalbanter.wordpress.com a wonderful blog about life and it’s irritations and frustrations.
- http://drbillwooten.com/ is a blog filled with good music and wisdom. Bill you are a kind and gentle friend. Thank you
- http://everyonehasastory.me is a blog of hope and despair, healing and pain. Excellent read.
- http://throughthehealinglens.com is about a bloggers battle with debilitating, chronic pain.
- http://thedarkest13.wordpress.com/ is an intelligent blog filled with good values, friendships, pain and love.
- http://barefootbaroness.org is one of my favourite blogs. BB is a charming, gentle woman who has magical writing skills. She is an amazing friend. Thank you BB
- http://idealisticrebel.wordpress.com/ – Rebel is amazing and takes on the world! A brave blogger who is a great friend.
- http://jmgoyder.com/ – My precious friend Julie who has so much pain and loss to work through.
- http://picturesofsilverbyjanice.wordpress.com/category/sculptures-silver-art-jewelry/ Janice is the kindest person. She makes beautiful jewellery and my Christmas Gifts will come out of her innovative jewellery pieces. I am gifting the boys their Mommy’s fingerprint to wear around their necks – close to their hearts.
- http://valeriedavies.com/ A gutsy, wise lady who is a friend and an amazing writer.
- http://walkingthroughpain.com/ writes about “invisible illness” such as RA/Lupus/ Fibromyalgia. This is a brave blogger who knows and lives with chronic pain! Please support and encourage her on this lonely journey.
- Tracy Rydzy – http://ohwhatapain.wordpress.com is another brave warrior battling chronic pain.
4. Inform the readers with either comments or pingbacks.
These are just 14 of a long list of treasured blogger friends who are truly worthy of this award. There are many, many other bloggers whom I treasure and who inspires and supports me in my grief journey.
Thank you to each and every one of my blogger friends!!