I am so honoured to receive this WordPress Family Award from not one blogger but two!! How blessed can I be?
Thank you dear Jane @ http://johannisthinking.com and Shaun @ http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com/ Both Jane and |Shaun are great bloggers, and their follower figures reflect it. Jane has 375 followers and Shaun 696……I think the reason why they have such great stats is because they care!! They comment, email, care and share. Their blogs are filled with real-world life, happiness, sadness, pain, compassion and laughter… They share their joys and sorrows.
So this award is about being part of the Word press Family!
I started blogging almost a year ago. It was just after my BFF and Dad’s one year anniversary and Vic had made the decision to let nature take its course. It was a difficult time for the family. We were helplessly watching Vic die – little by little every day. Her pain was unbearable.
My blog started off cautiously focussing on Vic’s pain. Tracy @ http://ohwhatapain.wordpress.com/ opened my eyes Vic’s pain – I could “feel” Vic’s pain after I met Tracy; Katie Mitchell @http://connectivetissuedisorders.wordpress.com/ – an incredibly brave young woman who encouraged me when she is in so much pain of her own… I could “see” life through an ill person’s eyes…”feel” her pain through the eyes and words of other Chronic Pain Sufferers.
I grew more comfortable sharing and started blogging more about my fears and emotions… Ultimately about Vic’s death and our grief as a family.
Today I have 210 followers. Many of them have become my cyber family! They love and care for me, my family and my precious Vic. They offer hugs, love, compassion, sympathy and advise. They care unconditionally. They do not criticize my writing, punctuation, spelling or grammar…
I have found friendships and love in cyberspace that I did not know existed. It has also opened my eyes to the fact that there are good people in the world. People who care…. It enabled me to open my heart and life to real life friends too…
I love my blogging family! Love you guys.
I know there are slightly more than 10 nominations. I PRAY I did not omit a precious friend’s blog. If I did, please do not be offended. Blame it on the flu.
Now for a description of the award in the words of the Creator Of The Award:
This is an award for everyone who is part of the “WordPress Family” I started this award on the basis that the WordPress family has taken me in, and showed me love and a caring side only WordPress can show. The way people take a second to be nice, to answer a question and not make things a competition amazes me here. I know I have been given many awards, but I wanted to leave my own legacy on here by creating my own award, as many have done before. This represents “Family” we never meet, but are there for us as family. It is my honor to start this award.” from Shaun @ http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com/
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family.
4. Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them. There is a real problem here since this award spread like wildfire but I think I can find ten who should be recognized
5. That is it. Just please pick 10 people who have taken you as a friend, and spread the love.
My blogging friends and family as follows…
- http://jmgoyder.com/ Julie
- http://thedrsays.org/ – Dear Sandra
- http://myownheart.me Len
- http://valeriedavies.com/ Valerie
- http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com/ – Shaun
- http://johannisthinking.com – Jane
- http://grannyscolorful.wordpress.com/ – Gloria
- http://myjourneysinsight.com/ Judy Unger
10. http://hopethebean.wordpress.com/ – Mel Lefebvre
11. http://maryrussell12.wordpress.com/ – Journey through Grief
12. http://deaconfamilyblog.wordpress.com/ Wendie Deacon
14. http://janevanwyk.wordpress.com – chdmum
17. http://furrynuff.wordpress.com/ Victoria Bruce
18. http://grammarofgrief.wordpress.com/ – Uma Girish
19. http://drbillwooten.com/ – Bill Wooten
20. http://jesussavingmefromme.wordpress.com/ – Michelle
21. http://sophieandemile.wordpress.com/ – Lucinda Elliot
22. http://barefootbaroness.org/ BB
23. http://picturesofsilverbyjanice.wordpress.com/ Janice
24. http://connectivetissuedisorders.wordpress.com/ Brave Katie Mitchell
Thank you to all my friends and followers for their support, comments and awesome posts!
You have made my journey bearable. Thank you for allowing Vic and I into your lives! Thank you for restoring my faith in mankind…