Properties of the number 20
- Represent the God solar for the Mayas.
- The number 20 is considered as ominous for saint Jerome because it indicates the universal fight, but it also represents the source of all energy of the world.
- This number is represented in Hebrew by the letter caph, in form of opened hand, to seize and hold. The eleventh mystery of the Tarot, which corresponds to this letter, and consequently with this number, is “the Force” which expresses energy, the activity, the work, according to R. Allendy.
- Number associated to the resurrection or to the reincarnation, according to Creusot.
- Samson had judged Israel for twenty years. (Jg 16,31)
- Under the commandment of Elisha, twenty barley loaves are enough to feed hundred persons. (2 K 4,42-44)
- God asked Moses to make the census of all the community of Israelis being twenty years old and more. (Nb 1,3)
- Jacob spent twenty years at Laban before to escape. (Gn 31,38)
- One month in the religious calendar Maya contained twenty days.
- Magic square of 20:
8 6 4 2
4 2 8 6
2 4 6 8
6 8 2 4
- Number of characters of the alphabet of bards.
- Anniversary of marriage: weddings of porcelain of China.
- The number 20 is used 117 times in the Bible.
- The number 24 is used 20 times in the Bible.
- The number 20 is used only once in the Koran. (Koran VIII, 66)
- The names of Cain and Rome are used 20 times in the Bible.
It is Friday again. Twenty weeks ago my beautiful Vic died. Twenty sounds too “little”. It feels too “much”. Twenty was always such a magical figure…Twenty had an allure of its own. Twenty always felt like the “almost adult” number. I remember when I was twenty years old I was so excited about turning 21…coming of age!
Now twenty represents the number of weeks that we have wept and longed for the presence of Vic.
A year ago I posted “Life aka Vicky” versus Death. https://tersiaburger.com/2012/06/07/6-6-2012-3-2/
I wrote “Mommy, I am sick” Every time Vic opens her eyes she utters these words.
Will she win what we believe to be the final round? Life aka Vicky vs. Death… Ten long, long years she has fought with every fibre in her little body. I sense that she is tired. Ready to concede defeat… She says she isn’t scared. I am! I am scared of facing life without my baby.
Now I have already faced 20 weeks of living without my baby.